Monday, October 19, 2009

Butterbeer

Well, I've finally gotten around to reading the Harry Potter books. Wow! What and adventure! I began in early September and finished in about 6 weeks. I "get it" now!

If you haven't read the books, the kids celebrate Quidditch wins by drinking butterbeer. Well, this sounded so delightful, I set off on Google to find a recipe. Apparently, it's an actual beverage they drink in Europe. Here's a recipe for those interested. And YES, it tastes EXACTLY like... well, "butterbeer"!!

Ingredients:
1 beer - your choice... I'd recommend something light
1 egg
2 T. sugar
dash of nutmeg
2 T. butter

Directions:
1. Bring the contents of one beer to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, sugar, and nutmeg. Add to beer.
3. Continue whisking on LOW heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Whisk in butter.
5. Enjoy!




(I got the recipe from http://whatismyrrhanyway.blogspot.com/2009/07/butterbeer.html but I changed it a bit!!)

No comments: