Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bookmarks


I got this fantastic idea from Jnet (who else?). The bookmarks are just a long piece of ribbon doubled over and decorated with a charm and some beads. They loop and the beads at the end act as a fastener. So you place the ribbon loop around your book or magazine then just slide the bead to secure. You can drop the book, fan the magazine, give to small children, and they still stay in place!

This pile is for the inmates at the old folks' home. We're planning on going for Halloween. Since they're not allowed to have candy, the kids and I are bringing in some magazines with those fancy bookmarks for them.

2 comments:

Jnet said...

i didn't invent them, i hijacked the idea from a craft show...and i still love this idea!

Anonymous said...

Those are cool. I am gonna go make one right now because the post-it i'm using for my book now is at the end of its sticky days. You're so smart Tracy. Love you. Tell Tommy and the kids hi for me.
Love,
ALicia