Saturday, December 6, 2008

Walker Organizer


We're getting geared up for our Christmas trip to the Nursing Home. Last year a friend gave me a bunch of fabric to make bags and totes for the inmates (and I'm referring to the inmates at the nursing home - NOT prison inmates!... there was some confusion!). This is what I came up with. It's got a large pocket for books or magazines, and a smaller pocket for glasses and pens. The flap folds over a bar of the walker and fastens with velcro for easy removal and washing. I'm quite pleased! The whole thing is fully lined for durability. Thanks goes out to the boy (who is feeling MUCH better) for holding it up for me!

7 comments:

Jnet said...

One day, we are going to be the coolest, most organized old ladies around aren't we?

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the kids are feeling better. Glad to see you are busy sewing again. I have missed seeing your latest projects ! Hope to see you soon.
Beth

Tracy A. said...

I know!! We will be stars of the nursing home. Keep your eyes open for some bluing!

jeannemae said...

As someone who sees walkers regularly - you have yourself a hit here missy.

Tracy A. said...

Ah, Jeanne!! Thanks! I couldn't find exactly what I wanted... the one's I kept seeing were all so big!! The stuff would get lost/smashed in such giant pockets! We're going on Tuesday. I plan to have about 20 to pass out.

Jnet said...

I like the bottle of wine in the background...throw it in my walker organizer when I hit the ol' folks home...If you have enough wine who cares about being old!!!

Tracy A. said...

HA!! I didn't even notice that. Wine makes everything better - including getting old!