Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pattern alteration





So, I tried out a new pattern. Simplicity 2825. It's a cute twirling dress with long sleeves... or at least it's supposed to be. Suggested fabrics included cottons, but I think this pattern would only work with a heavier fabric (cord, velveteen). I decided that it would work if the sleeves were chopped off. And as it turns out, the sleeves made PERFECT leg warmers - for my SON! He concluded that he wouldn't have to wear pants when he was out jumping on the trampoline if he was wearing his leg warmers.... brilliant! I also added a sash to break up the pattern.

2 comments:

jeannemae said...

How does his father feel about his new fashion trend? :)

Tracy A. said...

He doesn't mind as long as he's doin' his tae kwon do moves while wearin' 'em!!