Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trying out a new pattern... the smocked "Hallie"

I REALLY like this pattern! I can't wait to get it smocked and finished. It has a fantastic sash and a ruffle hem (which I can't add until I'm done smocking it - it'll be FULLY lined!) I added piping along the top and bottom of the smocked insert. It was my first go at it. I think it makes it look more "professional". I can't decide if I should use a coordinating gingham for the pants, or stick with the polka dot. What do you think?

4 comments:

Jnet said...

I'd stick with the polka dots...

Tracy A. said...

Yes, you must have channeled to me last night.. I've already cut out some polka dot shorts.

Jnet said...

If you want to step out of the comfort zone, you could use another fabric as the ruffle (or do a double ruffle) and put it on the bottom of the shirt and the shorts (see the birthday cupcake set on Debra's site) It adds another fabric to make it look so much cuter.

Tracy A. said...

Yes! that's exactly what I was thinking, too... I think I'll add the gingham ruffle to the shirt and to the short bottoms. Thanks for reassuring me!