Monday, February 23, 2009

Australian Smocking Magazine Pattern - Toffee Apple

This pattern was in Australian Smocking & Embroidery, Issue 81. It's super cute and super easy. The pattern needed to be altered a little. They used facing, and I wanted it lined, and they had actual shoulder straps, and I wanted ribbon. Also, they used rick rack instead of the piping, which is REALLY cute, but I couldn't find rick rack that matched, so I was forced to make piping. I also added a machine embroidered accent to the hem of the capris.


4 comments:

Jnet said...

Oh my goodness...this is fantastic...it is worth a vacation to a warm place just to get to wear this shirt right now -- get in your car and go to Florida!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! you've become quite the expert. takes me back to when...
nana

The Turner's said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Tracy A. said...

Thanks, nana! I didn't know you were a smocker! I'd love to see you get back into it. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you some stuff! I know the grandkids would love to have their "nonni" make something for them!!