Thursday, February 19, 2009

Matching Outfits

My friend and I got together yesterday and had a blast making some outfits for her daughters. They're just simple A-Line dresses with capris. We shortened the length of the dress and added a ruffle, then added a matching ruffle to the capris. I think they'll look adorable (when it finally warms up enough to wear them!). Ruffle Tip: Cut double the width of the ruffle and seam allowance, and instead of hemming it, fold the ruffle (wrong sides together) and gather BOTH raw edges, then attach ruffle to bottom of dress (and lining). Saves an enormous amount of time! No one likes hemming!

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

That is just beyond cute!

Jnet said...

Don't wait until warm weather to wear them -- throw a long sleeved tshirt underneath and wear them now!

I almost always do my ruffles that way...it makes it so easy and I know you like not having to iron that hem!

Tracy A. said...

Jnet, you were holding that info hostage?!